start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, March 06, 2009

Friday Foto: Lot's of shooting


FINALLY! Finally I can write again that I'm shooting a lot. I've been so busy with the rearrangement of our office, the startings of a new business and the slow drone of a working-to-late headache that I haven't been focusing on photography (pun intended). But not anymore, the past couple of days and the weeks to come have me where I love to be... behind the camera. 

Today's photo is from the Cloister at Sea Island. I was hired to shoot the door hardware by the manufacturer. I've done a couple different shoots like this in the past and really enjoy it. It gives me a chance to walk all around the grounds and fine interesting shots. I like being able to show the product in it's surroundings, not just a close up of a knob you know? Anyway, hope you like. 

This weekend I'll be finishing my downstairs construction project; the enclosure of the back half of our house. I'm extremely excited about this. It will provide so much more storage for us. I am convinced a bomb has gone off in our garage, scattering jeep parts, old books, clothes and used jeep fluids everywhere. Once complete, I plan on actually being able to park two cars in my two-car garage (although, I think I could easily build a second car from the parts that are in there currently).

What are you doing Sunday Ben? Well, thanks for asking my dear reader. BEACH!!!! That's right. I'm waking my butt up at the crack of dawn (used butt and crack in same sentence, hehe) and sitting on the beach all day. At least, that's the plan. We'll see... 

Last but not least, the new Golden Isles Magazine is out. I think it looks great. You can find it here. Be sure to check out my spread on porches, starting on page 48. Well folks, that's it! 

No comments: