start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Friday Foto: Christmas Edition!!!



Christmas is here! Probably my favorite time of year (except for those mornings that you wake up and you can tell it's cold outside, that might be my favorite...). Christmas time has changed for me. I used to be all jacked up on getting presents (still am of course), but it's changed. For one, I'm paying for those presents now. But what's really different is the meaning. I'm looking more forward to spending time with family and friends this Christmas than ever before.

When I was younger, all my friends were always home, family time is abundant and I took for granted the fellowship enjoyed with family and friends. As I got older, friends moved away, I got married, people went to college, I went to college and my time seemed to be slightly consumed with the real world. I have a sister and two sibling-in-laws in town that I get to spend time with. My best friend from Annapolis will be home today, I haven't seen him in a year. My other best friend/cousin and his wife will be visiting next week too. They've been in Belize for 2 years with the peace corps, and they are home for the holidays. We are throwing a big party Saturday night. We do it for one reason only... fellowship. I can't wait to see everybody, after all, that's what Christmas time is really all about.

On to the Friday Foto... last week we went to Rafters for a concert. Peter Rowan, legendary bluegrass musician and friends Larry Keel and Natural Bridge. Above are pictures of Rowan (the first one) and the rest. We had a great time.

Anyway, Merry Christmas. Hope to see you all Saturday night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...you figured it out Ben, it's the real deal, the whole thing! It's what it's all about. ... a bushel and a peck.