start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday Foto: the countdown begins!


For me Christmas starts one week from today. For me, 2007 is over one week from today. I'll turn my computer off on the 21st and turn on my excitement for the holiday season. It will be in full swing. However, I can't guarantee that the process will be instantanious, but rather a slow demise into the holiday spirits as the week progresses. I can't wait. I can almost taste the food, almost feel the parties, almost see the friends and family. I have so much to look forward to in the upcoming weeks, I almost feel guilty.

This time of the year has always been special for Kelly and I. We will celebrate three years married on the 18th, and then Christmas a week later. Our families both run deep with Christmas traditions, and we try to pull on those in our family as well as attempting to create new ones too (that one where I wanted to open all the presents on the 22nd didn't work out so well).

I'm going to tile our spare bathroom this weekend. It will be an easy enough job, and a great improvement to the crappy vinyl flooring that is in there now. I will post up some pics for you all, so stay tuned.

Today's Friday Foto comes from my buddy's farm I went to a couple of weeks ago. I like it. What do you think? I love that bus and find a lot of inspiration in it.

So, on the Jeep front. It's been a good week. The jeep is running better than ever. I installed the new radiator last weekend and have not had a single problem. Now I can fully enjoy all the work and upgrades that I have put into it over the last three months. Is it better you might ask? Oh yeah. I used to get 11 mpg around town, now I'm getting 14.5. Not too shabby huh? It's more efficient, stronger, quicker and reliable (kelly would debate that one). This week has been warm, so the doors are off. I love it for that reason, but hate it for all others. It's December 14, it's supposed to be cold.

So anyway, as a little treat to you readers, I am going to post several times between now and Christmas. I would set a schedule, but I know if I fall off it, I will get chastised by at least one of you. So, check back often. I have some photos, some funny stories, some meager attempts at insightful writing, and much more. Happy early Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can guarantee chistisement

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the "too hot" for "almost Christmas"!!!! I miss my snow