start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday Foto: Golden Isles


So I've had a pretty good week folks. Very busy, but very productive. This week I sealed the deal on a contract that makes me the exclusive photographer for The Golden Isles Illustrated. The magazine is a regional bi-monthly publication that focuses in and around the Golden Isles. This magazine is ran through a branch of the Brunswick News and used to be in production but has since been on hold. They had some kinks to work out, graphically and editorially. The have decided to revamp the publication, getting fresh writers and designers. They actually sought me out for my photography and after some negotiating, we have agreed on a contract giving me exclusive photo rights within the magazine.... meaning, I will shoot all the pics for the publication's features. I have even been given wide range on what I want to shoot and they are interested in running pictorials of my choice. So, this is great news for me, I'm very excited.

So what else? I'm heading to my cabin this weekend. I'm very excited, ready to get away to the mountains to relax a bit. But, I'll be bringing a lot of work as well and trying to catch up 100% on my work load.

On the Jeep front, I'm finally getting bigger tires for my Scrambler. I'm so excited. After spending all last weekend under a friend's Wrangler installing a 3-inch suspension lift and new 33" tires, I got the fever worse than ever. Hell, I've always had the fever, just didn't push it. I actually found an unbelievable deal on a set of 33" off-road tires (33x12.50 TSL's, for you who care) from a guy up around my cabin, so I'll be picking them up this weekend. I'll post a pic when I get back.

Thanks folks, and have a great weekend. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CON-GRATS!!

Admin said...

ben,

your blog is one of my most favorite in the area!

www.blogbrunswick.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Contratulations on the Golden Isles!!! :) They are so lucky to have you as part of their team!! :)