start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Foto: No, don't go.


I'm pleading with the cold weather here. Sure, I'll be the first one to bring up how cold it is outside. My Jeep isn't exactly an air-tight vehicle, so I really feel the cold. But, for the weather to get this cold for a couple of days, teasing us, and warming back up five days later just isn't fair. I want a solid month of it at least. I want to enjoy my fireplace and fleece jacket. Maybe we haven't seen the last of it.

This week went by very quickly. Even working on Monday I feel like it was a short week. It's nice. Today's foto is very basic. It's Hazel's Cafe, an old no-longer-in-use restaurant located on Demere Road on St. Simons. I think it is actually used for private parties. I've always loved this place, just for the old nostalgia of it. I caught wind from someone that it is for sale, which prompted me to go take a couple of photos sooner rather than later. My bet is some developer buys it, tears it down and builds six houses in it's place. Oh well. 

So, I have a couple of things planned for this weekend, but not much. I will be spending sometime under my Jeep, replacing the driveshaft. Hearing it fall off of the car while driving is sort of a disconcerting sound and feeling. It's not a big project, just a pain that's all. Hopefully before too long I'll be looking for a new car...

So that's about it. I know it's a short post, but I really don't have much to report on yet. Hopefully next week I can give you guys more info on all sorts of cool things. Have a great weekend. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Driveshaft? "You all everybody!"

Anonymous said...

wow- that one took me a minute! Got to be Bum!