start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, February 19, 2010

SNOW!



I know, I know... another damn post about snow. If you live anywhere in the southeast, that's all you're reading about on blogs, tweets and facebooks... so here, one more...

We just came back from our annual President's Day Weekend trip up to our family cabin in Blueridge, GA. Man what an awesome time we had! We made it OK up there, the roads were pretty icy past Elijay, GA... so it was pretty slow going from there. It snowed a total of about 4-5 inches, and it all stuck. Luckily the Jeep has 4wd and we had no problem getting around. There's gravel roads all around the cabin, and they were all frozen and when the ice melted on Monday, it got really muddy. But with 4-lo kicked in, we creeped up and around just fine!

We didn't do much, just hung around the cabin. Ate a ton. Cooked a beef tenderloin Sunday night... dry-rubbed with salt, red and black pepper, garlic and brown sugar, wrapped in bacon... pan-seared and finished with indirect heat, my all-time favorite way to cook my favorite piece of meat.

This week has just been a blur with work piled high. But it's all good, busy is good. I'm just trying to focus on knocking stuff off the list.

I'm going fishing tomorrow. Really excited. We're putting the boat in at Coozie's in the morning and are looking for whatever we can find... trout, reds, etc.

Here's two pics from the past weekend. The cabin, covered in snow, taken from the bank of the creek (right behind me) and Anson, with his girlfriend Leighton. I guess it's pretty apparent that Anson is quite used to the camera by now. HA!


No comments: