start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Monday, March 07, 2011

What I did this weekend



We have a family cabin in North Georgia, Epworth to be exact, (just north of Blue Ridge). It's an awesome place and I often post photos from recent trips. It's located right on Fighting Town Creek.

We decided to build a deck out back, that just hung over the bank. We wanted a place to be able to sit down outside, with a great view of the river. We had 6 guys up there this weekend and knocked the whole thing out, starting Friday morning by digging 8" by 4 foot deep holes for the cement pilings that we made. We finished Saturday around 2 p.m. with a aluminum ladder that extends down into the creek for easier access.

Of course, like any project, it's not REALLY finished yet. Future plans include a bench seat on the left and right and we're going to run power out to it for a plug, as well as some cool mood lighting under the bench seats.

It rained the better half of the weekend, but it didn't stop my time-lapsing! I set up a tent over the camera and had it running the whole weekend. On Friday I was trying the time-lapse out with one HDR image (three shot bursts) every 30 seconds. I didn't like the HDR for this because of the ghosting images when people moved. It also needed to be more often. So on Saturday I went with one image every 15 seconds. Then I strung them all together at 6fps and here you are.

And, right before I left, I strapped my old canoe to the top of my Jeep. Stay tuned for this one... she's getting a complete overhaul!




No comments: