start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Friday Foto: Last Fleece day


Good Friday to all. I'm afraid this weekend might be the last weekend of cold. The weather has been playing games with our hearts, pulling us into high 80s beach weather, and then yesterday and today I have on pants and a fleece. I think this cold snap is a fluke though and it may be our last until fall. So, I'm enjoying it, you better believe it. The top is down!

Today's picture comes from Hunting Island State Park. The whole island is a state park in South Carolina, just about 50 miles north of Savannah (right next to Paris and Fripp Island). I was there last weekend for a quick little getaway and it was so nice. Nice to getaway, not so nice being surrounded by the Griswalds with a 50 foot RV and a 100 pound bag of deer feed. If I hear any song covered by a reed pipe again it will be too soon.

So no big plans for Easter. Got some family coming into town and will spend some time with them, some time with Kelly and some time with the ole Jeep I'm sure. Speaking of the Jeep, it's coming along nicely. I've gotten my front and rear bumpers in now. I've painted both of them and installed the front one, but not the rear yet. I like the way they look.

I'm very happy with the scrambler. I towed a pop-up trailer all the way up to Hunting Island last weekend and the jeep did great. It was the first big trip with it and it ran and drove like a champ. I was really proud. Guess what happens next Wednesday?! I get new eyeballs! That's right, I'm going under the knife, or laser rather, and getting LASIK. I'm super pumped!

So, that's all I got. Hope you guys have a great Easter and a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you consider hanging out with your sister who rarely comes in town as doing nothing fun and exciting!!!!!!!