start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday Foto: #61!



Thursday morning was the grand opening of the Chick-Fil-A on the island. I had caught wind that the first 100 people in line get free food for a year (it measure down to 52 free Combo meal coupons to be used whenever you want and expiring in 1 year). So, I set to camp out.

I didn't know what to expect because I hadn't heard much talk about it from any other people here on the island other than my little group going. We planned on scoping it out Wednesday afterwork to determine if we needed to spend the night in the parking lot or not. Well, my ride to the gym Wednesday morning answered that question as I counted about 5 tents already pitched a whole day before the event.

I spent the rest of the day working in anticipation for 5:00 p.m. I was out the door and signed up at the registration tent with number 61 by 5:15. I had my sleeping bag, my beach chair, jacket, camera and flask (of course!).

Whit and I were originally camped in our designated spot by the drive-thru, but upon complaining about the sewer smell and actually watching raw sewage bubble from the clogged drain, we were quickly moved to the place you see in the pics. These were taken about 1:30 a.m.

We had roll-call every hour up until 2 in which we had to line up and prove our attendance. If you left the parking lot or missed roll call, you were disqualified. Finally we "slept" a little from 3-5. They woke us up at 5, began roll call and after standing in line for close to an hour, enduring a speech and trumpet solo by Dan Cathy himself (owner of all), we received our coupons to the cacophony of cowbells, cheers and the chant of "corn hole" (cleverly named depository of the raw sewage, you figure it out...)

I was back in bed for an hour and then at work... what a day.

Not much planned for this weekend. I have a real small wedding to shoot on Saturday and that's about it. Yall have a great weekend.

No comments: