start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday Foto: Busy little bee










I will shoot more this week than I have in a 7-day period probably ever. I had a bridal portrait session last weekend, I spent two solid days shooting flora and landscapes for Sea Island, today I have a soccer team shoot and this evening kicks off my first wedding of the season, and it's going to be a big one. I'm shooting the rehearsal tonight and the wedding with all festivities tomorrow.

I'm really excited about the Sea Island shooting I've been doing. I'm working with my good friend Whit who works as a landscape architect for SI and we are compiling a DVD portfolio of all the work that the landscape department does. From whole residential landscapes and hardscapes, to floral arrangement, centerpieces and containers. It's a ton of stuff and I'm only done with half of the shooting, but am very happy with some of the shots I've gotten so far. 

Bridal portraits are always fun. Brides are usually so excited to get into their dress and the excitement just jumps into the frame. This was a great bride to work with. I've known her for a very long time, so that always makes thinks a little bit easier. 

I'm really pumped about the wedding this weekend. It's going to be a blast for sure. What makes this one (and several I have this summer actually) particularly great is that I know the bride and/or groom very well. Knowing each other ALWAYS makes the photographing easier and better. People feel more comfortable with a photographer they know and/or can relate to, versus some sleaze in a black suite with slicked-back hair bossing you around. So be on the lookout for some of my favorite photos from this wedding when I finish, I'm sure I'll get some great ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos of the Cloister, Ben. I know they'll love them. Angie looks beautiful, that's a great photo too. Mom

Anonymous said...

No Pants Day: Friday May 2nd, 2008!