start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Foto: Canon 5DMII OMG


What a whirlwind week since my last post. Let's just start by saying how happy I am I have insurance. 

So, long story short, my camera was standing up on my tripod in my office. It was knocked over and the lens, flash and (later discovered) camera were broken. I called Allstate and, thanks to my extra insurance that I have taken out on my camera gear, it was all covered. Here's the beauty of it all though, instead of getting the same camera, I was able to get the newer and improved version... and improved it is. The Canon 5D Mark II (the one I blogged about a couple of months ago, that does HD video if you recall), is amazing... and VERY hard to find. I was actually worried because I needed a new camera and that was the most likely choice for me to get, but you couldn't find them anywhere. Sold out everywhere. Well as luck has it, the little consumer Ritz camera store in Jacksonville received the one and only one they were slated to get for the whole holiday season, just moments before I walked in last Saturday. I bought it without thinking twice. After having two major shoots this week so far, I can safely say this camera is incredible. 

Today's foto comes from a shoot I had up around Baxley, GA where a development is underway and we are doing all the marketing for. The piece of property, Eagle's Point, is amazing. All lots have river front views (Altamaha River). And, driving my Jeep up there was awesome too....

So, yesterday was my wife and I's four year anniversary. Pretty crazy to think that we've been married for four years. I'm very blessed. 

This weekend will be very relaxing, something I'm really looking forward to. A little last minute christmas shopping, a little work, a little getting ready for our Soiree and a lot of christmas music... I'm so ready for next week!

Stay tuned, because I'll post here again soon. Hope yall have a great weekend! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

long hiatus here...