start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Friday Foto








Well, we sure had a blast on our vacation. We spent 5 days or so up at our family's cabin in Blue Ridge, GA. We hiked, drank, ate, shot guns and fireworks, and went white water rafting. We swam in the creek, and Gwinny didn't stay out.

The time off was great, except I didn't get to shoot much. It rained a good hour a day, which was great, it kept things cool, but it left a thick haze in the sky the entire vacation. I shot a lot of shots, but nothing really turned out that great due to that haze. When I get a chance to work on some of them, and if they turn out any good, I'll share them with you all. I was excited about the one shot that I got of the firework seen above. I must have shot 100 shots of these little bottle rockets, until I finally got one that turned out OK.

We had a .22 up there and it was fun to shoot. Kelly went crazy with the semi-automatic feature, emptying the clip as fast as she could. Yee-haw! Redneck fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how deep is that creek behind the porch? does it ever flood?

Ben said...

It's a pretty nice size... Fightingtown Creek is about five feet in the deepest part. It has flooded due to a lot of rain. Water has been up to foot of the staircase. It actually runs north for a good 20 miles. Crazy huh?