start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Yo Yo Yo

Yeah, can you believe it? I'm bloggin' and it's not the Friday Foto! Let's celebrate. I wish I had time to do this more often.

Tomorrow marks the year anniversary for me at my current job. I can't believe it has been a year since I started. It's crazy how much happens in a year once you are out of college. Last year this time we were in such different places in our lives. I feel like I have come so far in so many ways, and am actually very excited to see where life will take me in another year.

OK, enough of the sappy talk. So, you all know my wife is the cheerleading coach over at the local High School. Well, guess who is shooting the cheerleader's individual and team portraits? Me. Oh yeah, I'll be doing the other HS and a middle school too. I'm pumped, that's some good exposure and money as well.

I got to get out on the water this weekend. It's been several weeks since I have made it out on the boat or even to the beach. I got big plans for Saturday and Sunday.... sun, water, sand. Kelly starts school with the kids tomorrow. She has been back for a week, but the students go tomorrow. She has freshmen and juniors this year. She is really excited. I am happy for her. She is really happy, but stressed.

So, we're going to New York City! For mine and Kelly's birthday present my parents got us a roundtrip ticket to the city. We have relatives in the area, so we already have a place to stay too. I'm really pumped. Kelly has never been to NYC, not even more north than Virginia. We are going to go during the Christmas season sometime, when the whole city is decorated really pretty.

Aight, it's 11pm... I guess I'll get to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i went to NYC last year for new years.... Other than the crowds, kelly , you will absolutely love it! Especially the Saks window displays (apparently they are a tourist hotspot- didnt realize that, haha.) Anyways, try, if you can, to get in a play as well.

Anonymous said...

yes, avoiding times square is key that time of year... i got drunk on the roof top of my friends apt and lost my phone. If it werent for the weather and the yankees, i could def see myself moving there!

Anonymous said...

hahaha. congrats on the photo shot! that will be good exposure!