start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday Foto: YOB Pt.2


The YOB (Year of Ben) is upon us now. I'm more so than ever pumped about 2007. I found out this week that my boss/manager is leaving the company for better options. So now it will be just me and the owner/boss. This can only be good news for me. Possibly more money and definitely more control and responsibility. So, that's a good start to the YOB.

So, today's Foto comes at you from our own backyard. The St. Simons Land Trust, a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving land on our beautiful island, has just constructed a new nature trail located off Frederica Road next to the blinking light. I encourage everybody to go check this out. It's about .5 mile long and goes to a beautiful overlook on the marsh with benches. I went out there last weekend and took some shots.

I'm pretty pumped about this weekend. It will be nice to relax. I've been spending a lot of my free time building this coffee table for our house. I acquired some real nice marble tile and I wanted to inlay it into the top of a coffee table. I think it came our really nice. Kelly is very happy with it, which really, is all that matters. She helped too; was a good worker. Anyway, so this weekend I am relaxing. Sunday I'm hitting up the Altamaha River really early for a little photography adventure. I'm really excited... Definitely my element.



And, now to bore you all, I must mention the Apple iPhone that was announced this week. For extreme fans of the Apple company like myself, this announcement has been more than two years in the waiting. It will be released in June of this year and be provided with Cingular. The phone, just slighty larger than an iPod but thinner than a Razr, does it all. It's an all-touch screen, that is an iPod, web browser and phone all in one. I could go on and on about how cool it is, but I won't subject you to that. Follow the above link for photos and more info if you want.

Something you might find interesting is this though... Close to six years ago Cisco Linksys, a big tech company I'm sure you've heard of, actually trademarked the name "iPhone". Everybody new that if Apple ever made a phone that they would name it the "iPhone". Well, about a month ago, Cisco released an internet phone called the "iPhone". On Tuesday, when Apple's Steve Jobs unveiled the new cell phone, he said "...and we're calling the iPhone." It's a blatant request for civil action from Cisco and they took the bait and have already filed suit against Apple. Who will win? My money's on Apple for sure. The "i-whatever" naming scheme has been in public conscious for way too long now. Good luck Linksys, you're going to need it.

Hope you guys have a great day and an awesome weekend. Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the YOB is off to a great start. I'm so proud of you, monkey!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, never use 'monkey' as a nickname :)