start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday Foto: Sunset




Good morning to all. Another week has gone by. I can't believe it. Last weekend was fun, had lots of family in town celebrating my Grandmother's 86 birthday.

Today's fotos are from last night. I had a shoot yesterday evening for work. On my way home I saw the beautiful light through the trees and just had to stop for shooting, but what I got was more than just a couple photos.

Do you ever get so busy, your mind in so many places, that you forget to reflect? I mean, take time to just breath, take inventory of how your life is going? We work so hard trying to get places, become these identities that we have in our mind, while all along we are, and find ourselves wasting time not enjoying what we have. It reminds me of a scene in one of my favorite movies, "Joe Dirt". Joe spends the first 25 years of his life looking for his parents that abandoned him when he was a child, all the time pining for a family. It isn't until he's about to kill himself that his girlfriend enlightens him that he has had a family all along, he just didn't realize it. I know, quoting "Joe Dirt" is on the way to absurdity, but it holds true the point I'm trying to make. Reflection is key.

Anyway, tomorrow I am going up to a farm in mid Georgia to help celebrate my best friends bachelorhood. His wedding is next weekend. We should all have a grand time. Hope you all have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking, "Wow, what a poignant blog entry," until you quoted from Joe Dirt. hahahahaa

Anonymous said...

"celebrate his bachelorhood"? Don't you mean "mourn the passing of his bachelorhood"?