start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday Foto: Firenze



Another blast from the past today. This photo is almost exactly 4 years old. I took this when I lived in Florence, Italy. One of our favorite places to go was Piazza Michelangelo, a little park at the top of Florence. It was a nice walk up there and always had a great view of the city. Plus they had a killer gelato spot up there (italian ice cream, if you didn't know). I was watching a show on Florence on the travel channel earlier this week and it got me thinking about my photos from my time in Italy. I have some good ones, but I was just then getting heavy into photography and I see a lot of immaturity in my shots. I like this one though, a nice juxtaposition of simplicity and complexity. I can't wait to go back. Kelly and I are a planning on going at the end of Summer 2008.

So it's official, I'm scheduled to get laser eye surgery April 11. I am so excited. It's going to be great.

Guess what I am doing this weekend? You got it, working on Margaret. All the body work is done and I'll start taping it off this afternoon and begin painting Saturday morning. I can't wait. New paint is going to make this Jeep look amazing. Yes, I am painting it myself. It's all in the prep work. Painting will be the easy part, given that you have the proper tools (which I do). I'll post pictures after I'm done, you won't believe it, it's going to look awesome. I'm going with Light Metallic Khaki (it's a current Jeep color found on '02s and later).

So that's it. Oh, did you hear that Chick-Fil-A bought the El Potro's on the island for a cool 1.3 million? Yeah... isn't that crazy. Traffic is going to be great with Starbucks and Chick-Fil-A right next to each other. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello from South Florida! :) Ben, be careful about the laser eye thing. I have heard that if you get it done before 30 your eyes arent fully developed or something and you have a greater chance of your eyes going back to the way they are now. Anyways. Thats about it! Hope all is well! You still gonna come down here before your cruise?