start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday Foto: Reflection


There are certain times in which one can step out of your life just for a second and take a look back in. I've had one of those experiences this week.

In the midst of being so excited about my new jeep (see last post), it's odd that I actually can find a moment to reflect. Not having a radio (yet) has given me the time to think (and sing loudly to myself) as I travel from point A to B. I think it's in these times that I find reflection.

I am truly blessed (or 'bleesed' as one of Kelly's student's tattoos reads, no lie). I like this picture because, in some way, it reminds me of that. It's friendship that I am must thankful. It's the love. It's the opportunities I have. It's my wife, who is so caring and has been oh so patient in my Jeep project. It's my friends that gather for poker on a "school" night and drink gallons of amazing margaritas. It's my folks who have planned laser eye surgery for me. It's the fact that I now own my dream car.

I often wonder why I have these opportunities. Do I work hard for them? Do I deserve them? I know one thing, regardless, I can be thankful for them. And I am.

This picture was taken about a month and a half ago on my buddy's bachelor party weekend. We built a huge fire, smoked cigars and drank beer (just one, hehehe). It's times like that though, looking back on this picture, that I am thankful for.

My Scrambler is coming along nicely. I feel like I have been working real hard on it for two weeks now and have nothing to show for it. Well that will change this weekend. I've been spending all my free time prepping the inside of the jeep for the paint-on bedliner. I am using a product called Herculiner. It's a rubberized paint-on bed liner much like Rhino Liner and Line-X. It's all ready to go and I will be putting it on this afternoon/evening. It will instantly make Margaret look a million times better. After that I'll start on the body rust and prepping her for a new paint job. I'll put up before and after pics here after the weekend.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a nice entry, but you should have talked more about how you appreciate your wife. She deserves it.

Anonymous said...

Ben, what have you heard about that bed liner. I was going to do that one time and heard some good and some bad things about that. Could be that the source was unreliable. I was going to Herculine the inside of the suzuki but decided against it. How long will it last and how well does it hold up?

Anonymous said...

you forgot..."it's the wonderful sis I have who records precious memories on tape for me so I can hear them later whenever I want."
That line somehow got deleted in your post.....