start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday Foto: 2 week addition.



Today marks the last day of a busy week. I've worked to midnight almost every night, some from my home office and some from my real office. I've shot more this week than usual and have had many opportunities and doors open for me.

Not long ago I was asked to shoot a 6-page spread for Elegant Island Living magazine, a local publication that features island living, etc. It's a very nice magazine with a large readership well past Atlanta. Anyway, the spread is on fashion and indoor night life (i.e. bars). I was honored and for two nights this week worked with an art director and two models shooting. I'm very pleased with how my shots turned out. You're going to have to wait until the July issue is released to see all the photos, but attached is one that we are not using. I took this shot knowing it wouldn't get in (it's not featuring a bar) but I couldn't resist the lighting. I will post the photos that make it once the magazine is distributed, don't worry. The other one is one of my favorites from the shoot as well. Let me know what you think!

So, with this gruelling week about to come to a close, I am beginning to get excited about my vacation that starts IMMEDIATELY when I step across the threshold of these office walls. Tomorrow we are leaving for Cocoa Beach, Florida for two nights and then further to Ft. Lauderdale to get on our cruise boat! We are "sailing" (as they call it, although we all know it's not really) to Key West, Cozumel and Belize. I am beyond excited. I've never been to any of those places. Furthermore, my cousin and his wife are living in Belize with the Peace Corps right now. We are meeting up with them for the "real tour". I'm bringing my camera gear, of course, so expect some photos when I get back. It's been awhile since I've shot landscapes, so I'm looking forward to it. We will not be getting back to land until next Saturday (June 9), so no post next Friday. To make it up though, I'll try to get some photos up for you all to check out on Sunday sometime.

Have a great weekend/week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos Ben! I hope your trip is great and that you make it back to the boat on time in Belize! Remember about you and Grant being together...just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip Ben and Kelly. Have an umbrella drink or two on me! You deserve it after the long week you have had. Loved the photos can't wait to see the magazine.

Unknown said...

Loved the 2nd pic. Hope yall have a fun trip. Call me if yall plan on hanging out in south florida next saturday (i will be here :))

Anonymous said...

Ben.
Hey from the actual art director of Elegant Island Living. I came upon your site by pure coincidence. Your work was brilliant in the July issue and the spread came out quite nice. Beautiful work.

beth

bethrowen@mac.com