start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Whew!!!

This has been a LONG week. Let's start on Saturday. I got up in the morning and began disassembling my rear axle in my Scrambler, to install a locker. A locker is a device that transfers power to both tires on the rear axle, instead of just one (which is the default for all automobiles). Having a locker gives you more power and traction in offroad, wet and snowy conditions; anywhere where one tire may slip. Anyway, it's supposed to be an easy install, but taking into consideration that the Jeep's 23 years old, it took awhile. I worked all day Saturday, all day Sunday and Wednesday and Thursday. I finished it last night, drove it around and it worked great! I'm pretty happy and consider the whole mess a giant learning experience, one that I learned a ton from. Also, on the Jeep front, I finished the installation of the winch. Here's a pic. It's a mean machine now!

So I'm glad that the whole car mess is over now. My boss is back in the office, he has radiation once a day now but will be here to work. We have an intern for the summer as well, which takes some of the tedious work off me. So all in all, things are beginning to pick up. I'm beginning to see which things are more important, which things are worth thinking about and which things we should just throw away.

Today's Friday Foto comes from a shoot I did this week. This is a picture of the new Beach Club at Sea Island. It is still under construction (as seen in the photo), but coming along nicely. They have folks working around the clock over there and it is slated to open by July 4th I believe. We'll see if that happens. It is truly amazing though, no expense was spared.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. It's Memorial Day and time for a break. I'll be a beach bum the entire weekend. Definitely going out in the boat as well. That's all I got. Last day of school today for Kelly, she's beyond excited. I'll talk to y'all soon.

No comments: