start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mid-week sharing time

I thought I would share a couple of links with you, mid-week, for a little surprise. I know, I normally don't post during the week anymore. I wish I could, I'm just so busy. Ahhh, I miss the days where I would post at all hours and you readers actually commented. Oh well.... hehe.

First link, the magazine I shoot for, The Golden Isles Magazine, has a web site with the whole issue in PDF format, so you can go check out the whole thing, if you haven't seen it. And, in response to a recent comment on one of my last posts, I did have a picture of Village Creek Landing, or Coozies as it's known by locals... check out page 18 of the online version of the magazine.

Now, onto the second thing. Canon just released a new camera about a week ago (the 5D Mark II). The cool thing about this new Digital SLR, is that it records video... not just any video, but HD. You can use all of your normal camera lenses on it, but record video as well. It's amazing. This one photographer got his hands on a pre-release version for 72 hours and shot this short film, the first one, with it. It's unbelievable, really. I think this is going to revolutionize a lot of videography and photography. You HAVE to watch this video, it's like three minutes long. Keep in mind, the guy did NOTHING to the footage except compress it to fit on the web. I'm speechless.... Here it is. Enjoy folks.

No comments: