start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Foto: Black Sky





I thought this photo was somewhat fitting for the current weather we've been having. I haven't seen the sun in about 4 days, but I'm not complaining. This giant front that has come through has cooled things off tremendously and I'm absolutely loving it! This photo is another infrared film shot. I like it; like the simplicity in it. The sky is rendered black because it was a very vibrant, cool, blue and that's black in infrared b&w film world.

The other shots were taken at the Spa at the Cloister on Sea Island. I was hired to shoot some product shots for a company that had a hand in the construction of the Spa. These are a couple of my favorites... 

I'm shooting a wedding tomorrow. It should be fun, I'm looking forward to it. Not much else is new really. I'm working on photos for the Magazine, and that's keeping me busy. I get to pick my subject for my photo essay in it and I'm really excited about this one, but I'm not telling! But what's just as exciting, I get to lay it out this time as well. I'm really pumped about that... It's going to be awesome, can't wait to show you all. 

Not much is on tap for this weekend. The usual, I'll crash after shooting the wedding and probably work on my jeep a little on Sunday. Whatever I do, I'm going to take full advantage of this weather, that's for sure. 

Have a great weekend guys. 

No comments: