start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, October 03, 2008

Friday Foto: Great weather, no Jeep


Oh man, I am loving this weather. It got down in the 50s last night. I'm so pumped about this weather, especially since the weekend is here and what a fall weekend it is! I get to attend a wedding this weekend (not shoot), which will be a nice change. Then, after that, I'm going to a Bluegrass festival here on St. Simons. They'll have an all-you-can-eat BBQ, oyster, low-county boil, etc. Oh yeah, and of course, beer. I'm excited, it should be loads of fun. 

So this picture is from Ridgeville, just north of Darien. I was up there a couple days ago and liked how the sun was lighting the spanish moss. Thought I'd share it with you guys. 

So the Jeep.... yeah... It's about to undergo a semi-major drivetrain facelift. My clutch has been going out, so I knew I needed to replace that soon. My rear main seal has been pretty much nonexistent, leaking oil EVERYWHERE, and just recently, my ring gear has been pretty much dying. I was planning on undergoing all this work in the next couple of weeks, but was forced to begin now as of last night. The ring gear is what the starter turns over to get the car started. It is a big ring with teeth on it located in the engine. After awhile, the teeth start to wear and the starter can't grab. You can sometimes rock the car back and fourth (what I've been doing to two weeks) to try and get to a place on the gear that still has teeth, so you can start it, but last night it finally didn't work anymore. Luckily I was at the house so I pushed it in the garage and that's that. Time to drop the tranny and get real messy. I'm going to replace all that stuff and clean the whole thing up, new fluids and any other parts that can be replaced while I'm at it.

Other than that, I have no plans. Going to open my windows and have some fresh air. I advise you to do the same. Cheers folks.

No comments: