start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday Foto


You know, maybe I should turn this blog into more of a Friday Foto thing, that's all it is right now. I apologize to all you out there who actually come here more than once a week on Friday morning looking for something do while you sit at your desk and procrastinate. I wish I could better accommodate you, really I do.

Today's foto was actually intended for last week, but when I got that foto of the docks on Thursday evening, it was bumped back. Thanks for the name suggestions, however I don't think "Pink Surprise" is going to really work. I do like "Sailor's Delight" though, I'm going to use that. A beer to whoever came up with that name. This Friday Foto is of a fountain in Vernon Square in Darien, GA. The square is located across from the St. Andrew's Episcopal church. The square is very nice, lots of plush green grass and park benches. I like Darien... it has taken me a long time to say that.

So tomorrow I get to shoot the cheerleaders, weather permitting. We are all meeting at the beach bright and early to do group and portrait shots. It should be fun. They are bunch of good, crazy girls. I tend to forget how young they are. You want to level with them because you remember being in HS like it was yesterday, but in reality, it was close to seven years ago. Ouch.

Now, I'm not one of these crazy-about-Facebook-and-MySpace-people, but I have noticed that a lot of things have changed with them, Facebook in particular. I really don't care. The only thing I want to comment on is this. If you are reading my blog through the "Notes" section of Facebook, you are not doing yourself justice. Go to the actually link, this way you can see the Fotos I refer to each week and read and post comments. It's so much more interactive. The link is: www.islandprofiling.blogspot.com.

Yeah, so that's about it for me today. You all have a good weekend. UGA's at SC huh. I'd be there if I could afford the gas, beer and ticket. My couch will be just fine.

9 comments:

One Wink at a Time said...

Is it LEGAL to shoot cheerleaders or any other annyoying species in Georgia? Shoot me one, would you? ;-)

You do realize, I am SO kidding.

Happy Friday, Ben :-)

Anonymous said...

GO VANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Im so disappointed in facebook. They used to be the non-creepy version of myspace, but now its even creepier and more stalker friendly. I dont know one person who likes the new changes so hopefully it won't be long until it's back to normal.

Anonymous said...

My wish came true! Face book is back to normal (kinda)!

Anonymous said...

Ben, last time i checked you were only 24, right? that means you graduated high school in 2001.... maybe your math is off, but last time i checked that was only about 5.5 years ago. dont make yourself older than you have to be! :) kisses.... and whoever 'one wink at a time is' i must agree. cheeleaders are annoying!

Anonymous said...

Why you hatin' on cheerleaders? I hear big fat JEALOUSY bc all of us cheerleaders are HOTTT!

Ben said...

Oh Goat, don't be so quick on the draw. Only two of the cheerleaders are Seniors, making the majority of them Juniors. Now, when I was a Junior, it was 1999. What year is it now? 2006. Let's do some math... 2006 minus 1999 is, you got it, 7 years... I'm right. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Actually 9 of the girls are seniors darling. love you :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, you said since you were in high school.... i just took it as the last day you were in high school, not at some part of your high school career... if we did that, it would be 10ish years and that makes me feel really really old! So there!