start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday Foto


Another Friday has passed, and I really can't believe it is September 1st. I had a great birthday the other day. Thanks to all those who wished it to me. If you didn't, shame on you.

Last night I was out, in the storm, trying to peddle my photographs to a local store. I have a couple of friends that are opening up a maternity clothing store here on St. Simons. They want some local art to hang in there, and I'm helping them out. The store is great though. If you get a chance to stop by, it's "Fit for Two" in the shopping center across from the Ace Hardware. Tell them Ben sent you, you might get a discount on one of their famous breast-feeding bras.

Anyway, after leaving there last night, the light in the sky was perfect. I got in my car and drove towards the causeway hoping to find a spot to capture the yellows and reds that were being burned into the evening sky. I pulled over into the docks just before the causeway, where they keep the Sea Tow boats. It was perfect. I hope you like this shot. I haven't figured out what to call it yet. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE PINK SURPRISE?

THE BEAUTIFUL PINKNESS?

THE PINK AFTERMATH?

Anonymous said...

"sailor's delight"

you know, from the old saying "Red Sky at Night, Sailor's Delight, Red Sky in the Morning, Sailor Take Warning"

One Wink at a Time said...

Gorgeous photo, Ben. I think you should call it Coral Serenity.
Wait, no. Call it Georgia Peach Calm.