start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday Foto: it's getting colder...


Ahh, it's in the air. I know it before even getting out of bed. Fall is knocking on the door. Fall on St. Simons is probably my favorite time of year. The colder it gets, the happier I get. It puts me in a great mood really. I'm in such a good mood. If you see me, ask me to buy you a beer and I will... that's how good of a mood I'm in (limit one (1) per friend). I can hear Kelly now... BEN!!!

So September is over. I know, not really until Sunday, but let's be realistic here, it's over. October is a great month. Lot's of football and GA/FLA weekend. But you know what else I like about October/cooler weather? The sky. Since the earth is turning farther from the sun, the sky is bluer. It's a great time to take photographs. The sky always comes out so blue and saturated. Throw a couple big puffy white clouds in there, and you have some great photos.

Speaking of photos, today I have a fresh one for you. Excited? Let me tell you the story behind it. A couple of weeks ago my computer screen cracked. I bought a new screen off eBay and, yep, tried to install it myself. So, Monday I wound up leaving early to drive up to Savannah to take my, now not working computer, to the repair shop. Savannah because it's a Mac, it was the closest place. Anyway... I haven't heard back yet. So I left Savannah and took the scenic route home, traveling east on US 17. If you've never done that, I encourage it. It's a great little drive. I stopped in Darien at the Shrimp docks and took this picture. I literally got molested by mosquitoes, but it's worth it. Hope you like it.

I'm shooting another wedding this weekend and more cheerleaders on Sunday (BHS this time). So my weekend is pretty much booked. I'm gonna find a time to seal my deck and drink some beer though, so don't worry about me. Hope y'all have a great day.

P.S. All you fanboys of the Christmas Soiree we throw, this year we have a great deal in the making. A WHOLE pig to bury and cook!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're not burying a damn pig.

Ben said...

Don't worry Kel, it'll be dead first!

Anonymous said...

Where are you planning on burying this pig, Mr. Galland? and will this be for the thanksgiving or x-mas soiree?

Ben said...

On the back deck of course! HA. Probably in the back yard. It's for the Christmas Soiree, we already have a Goat to roast for the Thanksgivng one.

Anonymous said...

this sounds like an AWESOME plan! i've always wanted to do one of those pig burial roasts! i think we need to get some instructions from the internet though

Anonymous said...

Come on Kelly, it'll be fun. And it'll do wonders for your grass.