start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Foto: from archives


I like this photo, I don't necessarily know why. Maybe because this dilapidated bus reminds me of the bus that Alex dies in in the book Into the Wild. They have made it into a movie and it is playing around the country right now. Unfortunately, it's not down here yet, which pisses me off. We have Tyler Perry's movie, but not Sean Penn's? Come on! Don't get me wrong, I love Tyler Perry, but let's actually think what will sell better here guys...

Anyway, this bus was located at my friend Whit's farm in Dublin, GA. It's a cool bus you say. Well, you only know the half of it. This bus, my friend, is the WC. Yep, it's the can, complete with a flushing toilet (utilizing a 5-gallon bucket of water from the pond). That kind of taints the photo now doesn't it? The best thing about this photo is the detail, which you really can't get the full effect here on the computer screen.

Anyway, I have a wedding to shoot this weekend and a Jeep to get running again. So, that's what I'm doing. Hope y'all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Into the Wild is playing in Savannah! You might just need to make a trip up here to see it...