start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, August 08, 2008

Friday Foto: One of my favs


So this is a photo I took in Italy. This was taken in Siena, just outside of Florence, Italy. We went there for a little day trip. One of our favorite things to do is to just walk. We start walking in a city we don't know and see where it leads us. We know Florence like the back of our hand because of this; it's all we used to when we lived there and largely how we spent our time last trip. Kelly was walking down this long corridor and I quickly pulled my camera out, changing the settings to insure the sky would blow out (all white like it is) and aid in silhouetting Kelly. I hand-held this shot, resting my arm on a post to make sure it was sharp.

Anyway, not much else is new. I've been real busy with work and photographing. Actually, this afternoon I have to go out in the boat and get some fishing photos. I know, tough life huh?

Kelly started back at school this week. The kids don't come back until next week. She's playing the "poor me" card pretty well, but I know deep down she's really glad to be back. She loves to teach and loves her kids. 

No major plans this weekend. I'm beaching it on Saturday, gonna work on my jeep for a while, and just lounge around. August is pretty lax for me, thank goodness, because I have three weddings in September, two in November and one in December (so far). Whew!!!! Have a great Friday folks.

No comments: