start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Foto: Whew...


What a week. I've been swamped at work and on top of that, have been shooting like mad trying to wrap up all my shots for the magazine. I finished the shots yesterday at lunch and what a relief. Next issue won't be so stressful, because I won't be in Italy for 2 weeks during the production. 

Today's shot is an outtake from a shoot I did for the magazine. I'll make it a habit not to post any photos here until they are published, giving the magazine first rights. The magazine is doing a spread on Fly-Fishing. Being an avid Fly-Fisherman, I got real excited about this shoot. I organized a couple of models, a boat and a cooler and we set out last Friday after work. On the way to Hampton Marina, the bottom dropped out of the sky raining like I haven't seen in a LONG time. We waited it out at the Marina, determined to get the shot. It cleared up and we rushed out, not knowing how long of a window we would have. We hit a couple of places and returned,  just in time for the rain to come back again. That's one thing I love, the way the sky looks during a storm. It's so dramatic. This shot was taken from Mosquito Creek, looking out to the ocean. I love how you can see the rain coming in from the right side of the picture...

I am looking forward to this weekend. I plan on doing a good bit of work on my jeep and house. It should be a fun time. That's it for now folks.... I'll be back soon.

2 comments:

The Moerman Family said...

We will be in town this weekend for my grandmothers bday tomorrow.... perhaps we can get together. I know I will be watching the final two days of swimming :) So we shall see, give me a call!

Anonymous said...

that looks like a picture of a big cloud on a river with some sort of building in the back. wow.