start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Monday, June 05, 2006

In my defense!

I knew it! I knew that I should have, theoretically, had enough gas two weeks ago when the tragic Memorial Day boat trip took place. After all, I have been boating all my life and never once have I ran out of gas. So, this Saturday morning started early with me and two other guys rushing to get the boat in the water at Coozies before the tide was too low at 6:45 a.m. We got all the gear in the boat and I had just topped the fuel off. For all non-boating folk out there, there is this bulb in the fuel line between the gas tank and the engine. Not a light bulb, but a big rubber bulb that you squeeze to pump some gas into the engine on a cold start. Well, I was pumping away and nothing was happening. I kept on hearing this wooshing sound and eventually I turned around to find the source. Sure enough, in the gas line 3 inches from the motor is a hole the size of a ball-point pen. AHA! The whole time we were out Memorial Day Weekend, there was a hole in the gas line which explains why the boat wasn't driving as fast and why we ran out of gas. As some was actually going to the engine, some was shooting right into the water. So there.

I luckily had the materials to fix it right there on the spot, and within 10 minutes we were out cruising Village Creek. Fishing was horrible, half a dozen whiting and a baby Black Tip shark. The beer, however, was good. I spent all day Sunday, after a 4-mile run, on the beach. It was perfect. My marathon training is coming along just fine, I think I am scheduled to run 6 miles this week; ouch.

Big wedding to go this weekend, with lots of parties, I'm pumped. It's going to be a LONG weekend, but very fun. Have a great week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ange, I'm SO PUMPED you are coming!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, even though i will not be at the wedding, Angie, you need to call so we can hang out! With or without the Sticky :)