start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday Foto: New Lens, Another Wedding, Bird and Dog




Hey Folks, that title about sums it up. I bought a new zoom lens the other day, and it is bodacious. Really bodacious. It's nice and long and fast too, which allows me to get shots like the ones above of a Great Blue Heron and my dog. A lens described as fast is one that has a low aperture, allowing one to  shoot photos with little light and still get them sharp. This lens is going to really shine when it comes to weddings. I'll be able to sit in the back and shoot close-up photos of the ceremony with no flash. Anyway... that's that. 

So, I finished the last wedding I had and posted the photos. Below are two of my favorites from that wedding. To see more of them, follow the yellow brick road to here and see all my favorites.
I have another wedding this weekend. It's another one of my close friends getting married. It should be a grand ole time. Rehearsal dinner tonight and the wedding tomorrow. 

Next weekend is Memorial Day and I have a couple of college friends coming down and I can't wait. I haven't seen them for about a year and Kelly hasn't seen them in about 4 years. Crazy huh. Anyway, that's all I got right now. Have a great weekend.

No comments: