start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm going to Italia!


Kelly and I just booked our flights and our lodging. We are finally, after 5 years, going back to Italy. If you didn't know, we lived there for close to 5 months in 2003 while we studied in Florence. We have since then missed the unsalted tuscan bread, olive oil and chianti so much. Thank God for frequent flier miles, as we were able to use them and secure to tickets flying into Florence and back out from Rome. I knew all that spending I've been doing on my American Express card since High School would pay off one day!

We have been planning on going for awhile, but we were planning on going next summer. When I found out I had enough miles to get the tickets for free, we bumped the trip up to this summer and are so excited.

We are renting a place in Florence for a week. We want to be able to cook, so we want to have access to a kitchen and this way we save on food costs too. Here's where we are staying, we've already booked it. Falleri Apartment.

We are going to rent a car for a day as well, go drive up in Tuscany, visit a vineyard, and stop at every kilometer and take pictures. I'll write more about Italia within the weeks to come, don't worry. BTW, I took this photo with my old 35mm Minolta Camera, loaded with Ilfrod BW 100. I loved that film. It's a skyline shot of Florence taken from Piazza Michelangelo, a great place in Florence... awesome walk to get there.

No comments: