start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Brrrrrr.........

Yeah, it's cold. You know that storm that passed through the north east brought the most snow at one time since recorded history (started in 1886). That's pretty cold. My Uncle who lives up there got something like 17 inches in his back yard. Youch! So, how was everybody's weekend? Mine was nice, productive for sure. I did some work on Saturday, and a little on Sunday, and not much of anything else. I helped a friend install a new radio in his Jeep, and it made a big difference.

So, Kelly is sick today. She started feeling bad on Saturday night, and Sunday wasn't much better. She is staying home from work today. That's gotta be tough. I used to love calling in sick from work/class. But now, if I do that I get so behind. I can't imagine how hard it is for a teacher to call in sick.

Anybody watching American Idol? Will anybody admit it? If so, post your favorite singer so far. Mine is definitely Paris (the young black girl), and that guy with the gray hair. So, I've come to a conclusion, and whether she will admit it or not, Kelly feels the same way... Bonefish isn't what it was (i.e. not that great). OK, in our defense, it used to be good, and some things are still good. They specialize in fish, but I never get that (I am a snob when it comes to seafood, I'll only get it at a non-chain restaurant). I always get the steak, but the last two times it has been over cooked and tasteless. I like the salads, the breads, the appetizers... but that alone isn't worth it. So there... we are eating our words.

Speaking of eating though, I am going to Chelsea's tomorrow night for V-Day, quite possibly my favorite restaurant on the island (well, second to the Pizza Inn buffet). Consistently good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pizza Inn buffet is awesome. Too bad no one will ever eat there with me. Bum, Kurt, Turner and I did it once over X-mas break. Turner and I got there at 12:30. Any guesses as to when Kurt showed up? HAHAHA

American Idol. It isnt bad at the start, but I get a little over it in the middle. I guess I like Pairs (she can freaking sing) and the girl from NC. I cant think of her name.

Anonymous said...

PIZZA INN BUFFET! that's the best stuff on the planet!

but my favorite restuarant on the island, where i have to eat whenever i come home, is Beachcomber BBQ, and the bar isn't too shabby either

Anonymous said...

Pizza inn buffet is awesome........where else can you eat pizza, lasagna, egg rolls, wings, and puddin all in the same place. Man....how cool is gluttony!?!?

Anonymous said...

HOLY FREAKIN CRAP!

I've never laughed so hard in my life!! First at the reality of "No Pants Day," then at the picture of Stinky Del Negro!!

Oh my God, i'm crying i'm laugjing so hard! hahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm definitely putting the flyers all around the law school! hahahahaha

3 Cheers for Puddin!

Anonymous said...

I was a religious watcher of AI the first three seasons, i was unable to watch it last year as my LSAT class took priority; this year, i am in and out. Though i have seen Paris (thats the one who has the famous g-ma, right?)

I have issues eating at places that serve multi-national foods at one buffet, thats just me, though.

And thank god you finally understand what we have been saying about bonefish....