start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Monday, February 27, 2006

I Object

So today I have jury duty. I wonder if it will be like that movie with Jim Carey. Ahh, I love slap-stick comedies. My favorite right now has to be White Chicks. I am supposed to report to the court room at 9 a.m. I was thinking about wearing my confederate flag necktie... maybe I'll get picked! HA.

Who knows what I did this weekend? I shot a ton of pictures with my new camera. I really love it... It's everything I hoped it would be. Check this shot out I got last night (can you guess where it is?):

Pretty awesome huh? Maybe I'll blog to you guys some while at the court room... tell you what's up and all. I officially have a real nice digital camera for sale that I would be willing to make some one a very good deal on. Is anybody interested? It's a Canon 10D (digital-SLR) with a Sigma 18-50mm lens. I have all the original stuff. It's in mint condition. A 6-pack finders fee is included in this deal if anybody sells it for me. I'm looking to pull around $700-800.

With that all said, I hope you guys have a great week. I got to go get my litigation on (whatever that means).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh Jury Duty.... what a marvelous and absolutely boring process. Its about 3 hours of questions- that narrows a room of 50 to a panel of 8-12 (depending on the type of case).
It could be cool to be on the jury. You get paid $60/day just to sit there. Even if you dont get picked you get paid for your mileage and you get out of work for half a day. haha.

Anonymous said...

I am more fond of the movie Jury Duty with Pauley Shore. It is hilarious. I dont usually like Pauley, but that and Son-in-Law are 2 great movies.

Dr.T said...

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm afraid you won't be doing much litigating. Or objecting. Or much speaking at all for that matter. Enjoy sitting in a courtroom watching your fellow potential jurors being picked off by voire dire like white girls in a horror movie. You just can't beat that kind of excitement.

Anonymous said...

aside from demographic type questions, I'm interested in what type of bias revealing questions they asked you

Anonymous said...

In a lot of cases, at least the ones that we litigate, a college education is a good marker of getting you out of duty. The plaintiff's attorney usually seem to prefer the dumber people the more complicated the case, whereas the defendant's want the more intellegent people. Again, it all depends on the type of case, but that is something that i have noticed.

Anonymous said...

hey, if you had 11 million bucks,i bet you could buy the verdict! now, thats a good movie...the jury!

Anonymous said...

rob bob, i really hope you're kidding. pauley shore is an idiot.....except in encino man, hahahaha. i mean, the guy let the monkeys out of the cage at the mansion while chanting the PETA song for gawd's sake!

Anonymous said...

yeah, he blamed it all on Johnny Drama too. You know what Drama would do for a guest spot on the Hughley's? HAHA Greatest show on earth