start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Camera Tossing

So has anyone heard about this new craze sweeping the UK called 'Camera Tossing'? Here's what you do. Grab your point and shoot digital camera (I guess it could be film) and set the shutter to like one second (or you could just force quit your flash feature) and, preferably at night time, mash the photo button and throw it up into the air and then catch it. Yes, that's what I said. Throw it into the air. Would I do this with my $2k camera? HELL NO! Would I do it with Kelly's? Well, yeah, of course. The idea of doing this is this: You never know what you will get. All pics are different. If there is light around, like the street light in the image of mine below, it "paints" it on the image, in whatever way it happens to be thrown or twisted, etc.
If you are interested in seeing more images done in this fashion, check out this link.

Now, who is interested in seeing more of these images from me? Because you know, they would be really cool. I'll try a whole bunch of them and post them on the blog you are all interested. I like the technique. There is some photoshop work involved to make it really cool, but it's basically just camera tossing. It's abstract art. Let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why couldnt you just swing your arm in a circle and get the same effect... it is much less dangerous!

Anonymous said...

try it with kelly's! hahahahaha let's see some pics!

Anonymous said...

llamas? ok weird.