start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday Foto

This picture is one of my favorites portraits. I took this while traveling though Germany. I was in a hostile in Berlin. This is my friend Meredith. She was starring out the window, and I was going to get that shot until she turned and looked at me. I love it. Her face says so much. I shot this with B&W film. This photo wound up in my end of term exhibit titled "Reflections".

On another note, Hogzilla is real... all 900+ pounds and 12 feet.

I'm going camping this afternoon, leaving early from work. Man, I am so excited. Don't worry, I'll take tons of photos and give you guys a little prize at the end of the weekend.

Did you hear about the guy in FLA that just got eminent domain claimed on his land in the Everglades? He was given 5 million bucks for it by the government.... but he doesn't want it. He just wants his land back. That sucks. But come on, it's 5 mil!

Happy Friday 13th!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but if you were 70 and all you wanted to do was to live your life out in your paradise that you had been in for most of your life, would 5 mil really make a difference? He built his house himself and powered it with a generator and propane. He's a recluse and just wanted to live out his final days in peace. The irony of it all is that the Everglades restoration project claimed it under emminent domain and now they don't have the money to do anything with it.

Anonymous said...

is that girl 6 feet tall? She has got some huge hands.

Anonymous said...

No Levar, and I think that was rude! It's just the perspective. She has beautiful hands.

Anonymous said...

How is that rude? I didnt say anything bad. I just asked if she had big hands. She looks very pretty. Sorry if I offended you Kel.

Ben said...

No silly, no man hands here. It is an optical illusion that happens when you take a close up of something. Subjects in the foreground look bigger than subjects in the background, I.E. the closer you get to lens, the bigger it looks. A lot of fisherman use this technique... when they hold a fish for a photograph, they extend the fish really close to the camera in order to make the fish look bigger.

Anonymous said...

I don't have the guts to comment with a name...Ben, that girl is gorgeous...

Anonymous said...

everyone knows who said it and I even said that the girl was very pretty, but good try.

Anonymous said...

damn kell, you better watch out! I'm pretty sure you can find some other paradise for 5 million dollars.


Was that a twist off?

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Anonymous said...

what? who is attacking me here? come out coward!!!!!!! I'm not saying that I couldn't find a new paradise for 5 mil- just that guy. I saw them interview him on CNN- it was really sad. It just reminded me of my grandmother- she was dying and running out of money, but all she wanted to do was live out her final days in the house she brought her family up in and not a nursing home.

anyhoo- Meredith is beautiful inside and out. She's getting married to a wonderful guy in April and I'm in the wedding- my first wedding, well, other than my own!