start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday Foto

Who can tell me where this photo was taken (not you Kelly)? I'll give you a hint. "Medieval named ruined structure." Anybody?

I took this photo with slide film. I use this often, when I want a little change in my photography. The difference? Well, I'll tell you. Slide film is positive, versus regular film which is negative. In a nutshell, when you send your film off for processing, with regular film you get back negatives in a strip, when you get back slide film it's in an individual positive state. What's the purpose of doing this? The quality, that's what. If you looked at in terms of megapixels, slide film, when digitally scanned correctly, comes in at about 30 MP, as opposed to most high-end digital cameras at about 12 MP. Now saying that, can you notice the difference? Depends. When a photo is blown up really big (20x30 inches or more), you will notice a difference. Anything smaller or on screen, absolutely not. I'm going to Sapelo at the beginning of February to shoot all weekend and I am taking some slide film to shoot as well. I plan on conducting an experiment on the differences, and I'll lay it out for you here if interested. Have a great Friday y'all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dungeness on Cumberland?

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I am SO happy today is Friday? Man, it's been a hard week. I hope all of the blog readers have a fab-u weekend!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the front end of a Jeep to me.

Anonymous said...

The "Drive-In" at Dungeness on Comberland! See any Horses?