start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Oh weekend, please arrive

I am ready for the weekend. At the end of each day my eyes are killing me. I come home with a headache. This week has been tough. I'm pumped about the weekend though. I might be going to Little Cumberland this weekend with a friend. I really want to shoot it and this will give me the chance. I hope the weather and tides work out.

I have some relatives arriving tomorrow and we get to eat lobsters. I'm excited. Lobster's are good, don't get me wrong, but the work/food portion ratio is really low. Now, if they could stuff a Filet Mignon, salad, potatoes AND the lobster meat all inside the tail, we'd be in business. Unfortunately, it's not that way. I just had a Turkey Burger for lunch... it was good.

How pretty of a day is it really? Man, bright blue skies and cold. Couldn't be nicer. Hey, I got a trivia question for you... Do you know that song by Jimmy Buffett, "Jamaica Mistaka"? It's about the time that Jimmy Buffett was flying down to Jamaica when his plan was shot down being mistaken for a drug smuggler, when all he was doing was going to have some jerked chicken (man that stuff is good). Well, here's the question: Who was traveling with him? Yes, you will know who it is. Post your non-googled answer below. No, it was not a bulldog born in Alapaha. Hint: Another singer.

How about those Golden Globes? I don't hold much merit in crap like that. It seems like everybody won something. Those award shows are for the celebrities to get dressed up and party and get free stuff. Granted, I would love it if I was one, but since I am not, I can complain about how stupid they are. Well, OK.... answer the trivia question.

9 comments:

Ben said...

Damn Angie.... quick on the game. Hey, don't drugs and celebs generally go together? I quess it doesn't count when you don't inhale.

Anonymous said...

I'm not doing anything this weekend. Just sitting inside and staring at the wall, since, apparently, I'm worthless bc I fall asleep at the pub.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben (or anyone else), this is totally off topic, but do you have any idea what happened to Island Drama? I'm not complaining about its (possible) demise, but apparently there haven't been any new posts on it in over a month.

Anonymous said...

The Golden Globes??? Why weren't you watching the Season Premiere of 24?

Anonymous said...

24 WAS SMOKIN!

Anonymous said...

Can you believe they killed David Palmer?

Anonymous said...

I LOVED 24, it was fantastic! Though, i was in shock when palmer, michelle, AND tony were taken out (well, maybe tony).... it was very depressing. I do not like chloe, i wish she were out instead of the others!!! oh well! YAY for 9:00 on monday nights!

Anonymous said...

DUDE! Chloe Rocks! and i love the actress to boot... she was a member of a sketch comedy troupe that never really went anywhere and she used to date Jon Brion (composer of soundtracks for movies like "I heart Huckabees" and "Punch-Drunk Love," favorites of mine as well).... what's good about them killing those characters immediately, is that you don't know who or when they're going to kill anyone! They can kill anyone at any time and they don't give a damn! I thought they were about to kill Curtis last week too! Like on LOST last week- if that had been 24 Kate would've been killed.... nothing ever happens on that show, and everything always happens on 24!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is a great thing about 24, but it is still shocking when they take out the 2 biggest characters in the show (besides jack) since season 1.... they should have been staples!