start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Potpourri

I just discovered Steve Miller Band all over again. I have their CD, Greatest Hits 1974-1978 but since switching almost completely to the digital side of music, I haven't listened to it in awhile (plus it's scratched to hell and back). I was in a bar the other night and the song "Winter Time" came on. It was like a blast from the past. It's one of those songs that you'll probably never hear on the radio, but I knew all the words to. I went home that night and downloaded the album off the internet (illegally of course, but hey, I originally bought that one... so cut me some slack alright?) Oh man, it's an awesome album.

So I am so excited about this weekend. You know, it's been more than a year since I have been camping. That is a horrible shame. So, Kelly and I are going to Stephen Foster State Park this weekend with the dogs. I can't wait. It's located in south Georgia, right in the middle of the Okefenokee Swamp. We are going to rent a boat and ride around in the swamp. Be prepared to see some cool photos y'all. I'm bringing all the gear.

Had an awesome weekend of just lounging and eating. Could it really get any better? Can I make an aside about how much I hate PC's? Never once have I had an annoying spyware or virus or pop-up on my Mac. You give me a PC user who can say that and I'll kiss you (that should be some good incentive!). Have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Stephen Foster and the Okefenokee! We used to go there all the time growing up. I dont know how many times i have canoed into and camped over night in that swamp..... yall have fun, the weather is supposed to be great (except for the chance of t-storms sat)....