start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday Foto


Today's photo comes to you guys straight from the ole' backyard... sort of. The main street in my neighborhood dead-ends into the marsh. There is this little path that we always used to play on when I was a kid that leads into the marsh onto a little hammock. I saw the beautiful light early this week and walked down this path once again in hopes to catch it. It was pouring through the trees and I think I accurately caught the "on fireness" of what I saw. I still want to work a little on the foreground, including the palmettos and such, but I am pretty pleased so far. Any comments? I call it "Fire Through the Trees".

So, as usual I have very little plans this weekend. I plan on getting up before sunrise Saturday to capture the light, but besides that no plans. I hope all you have a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm, I don't know what your thinking with this before dawn crap...you can sleep in the guest bedroom! You've already woken me up well before dawn one day this week!

Love the pic as always :-)

Anonymous said...

we are headed out to O-town to watch some baseball and hopefully not leave any head marks in hotel walls. We'll be back Sat. night

Ben, pic is awesome. Lets do lunch next week

Anonymous said...

head marks in walls is cool! that pic looks like a scene from LOST. pretty darn good lad!

ben, you know the weekend is supposed to be spent sleeping in and enjoying the thrills of not having to work? the only time you should be up at dawn, is if you never went to bed!

hahaha, just kidding, to each his own.

Anonymous said...

i do believe it was on this path that you and will carithers decided to attack me with a paint ball gun...yes i think i still have the bruise!

really nice pic, tho. brings back good memories of fun tree forts!

Anonymous said...

he was a weirdo. and that dog of his...whoa, that thing was scary!

Anonymous said...

Ben, this picture is beautiful! :) I love your photogrpahy and I am honored you will be taking pictures at my wedding! Ich liebe dich!!