start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Friday Foto



Hey Y'all. Who's happy it's Friday? I am for sure. This weekend is supposed to be gorgeous, and you'll find me at the beach with a beer no doubt.

Today's picture is yes, once again, taken at Village Creek. This is the landing at the very end. It used to be a restaurant (and a damn good one) until the family got tired of doing it and closed it down. They hold parties out there now, and you can rent the place with or without catering services. I looked into leasing the place, tracked down the phone numbers and all. I love to cook and know that place would be a prime spot for a restaurant. Well, apparently others think that too, because their is a waiting list a mile long, that is IF Little St. Simons Island (they own the place) every decides to sell or lease. Word is, Father Goose aka Boz aka Robert Bostock (the owner of Gnat's Landing, Boda Bing and Bubba Garcias) has first dibs. Oh well.

So I woke up this morning with a slightly sore throat. I sure hope I'm not getting that crap. I got some medicine, so if I don't say hi to you when I bump into you over the weekend, it's because I'll be drugged up on cold medicine. I'm fighting this one. Anyway, I was watching MTV this morning (something I rarely do) and I saw the video for Pink's new song called "Stupid Girls". Anybody heard this song and/or seen the video? I love it. Finally, someone is putting the trashy celebrity girls like Paris and Jessica in their places. In the video she makes fun of Jessica Simpson while washing a car in these really skimpy clothes, cowboy boots and all the while, this nasty slice of pizza hanging from her mouth. Brilliant! I loved it.

That's all I got. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture. Village Creek is a great place.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture. Village Creek is awesome!