start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Busy getting back

So you always pay for it when you take a day off. I've been really busy at work the past couple of days, but that's OK, it makes the day go by so much faster. This weekend I shot a wedding, it went really well. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I got to shoot in a different way than I normally do, and I believe it will help me progress as a fine art photographer. My next wedding is in a little less than two weeks, and I am already anxious for it. I shot 1000 photos this weekend, that's 6.8 gigs worth of pics. That's a lot. As soon as I start processing these, I'll share some with you all. I am really proud of them.

Yeah, the trip wasn't all work, we had fun too. Although, Saturday morning I awoke to find someone had hit our new car in the middle of the night and didn't bother leaving a note. It was pretty bad too. Insurance will cover it, so that will be fixed soon.

I heard today that we are definitely getting some new stores in the area. I saw the final plans for the Harvey's shopping center, and they are: Target, Ross, Lowes, Michaels, Old Navy, Petsmart, Circuit City (it's moving)... I think that is it. So, we'll see..... It's supposed to open in the summer of '07.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hoooray for Old Navy and Target. I love when big chains move into town. I love corporate takeovers!

Anonymous said...

that sucks about the car. how bout some pics of that?

when did you take off? Friday?

Where did you go?

Come on! Details for those of us who aren't up on the happenings of your daily adventures!

Anonymous said...

I won't allow Ben to take pics- it's just too depressing. We left Thursday night and headed to Rome for our friend Meredith's wedding. We were having a spectacular time- saw good friends, ate good food, did the whole rehearsal thing, and then Ben went to Hooters with the guys for the bachelor party. Well, only the good Lord knows what happened after that, but the next morning I walk out to the car and my face dropped. HUGE dent in the front. But it could have been worse, at least it was driveable. Insurance is covering it, we owe $150- not too bad. It just makes me mad on principle. And, to top it off, I lost my keys and those darn chip keys are about $100 and I lost my clicker. So it was double-whammy. BUT, the wedding was a blast and her husband is German, so we got to meet his whole German family- it was very interesting!! They were great though. Overall, great weekend with a few dark clouds. Hey, who's hittin the beach with me this weekend??

Anonymous said...

Thanks for swingin by and sayin hey to your pals in the ATL on the way back!

Anonymous said...

sorry, we had to jet, plus we had to make a pit stop at the outlets in Locust Grove.... :-)

Anonymous said...

Whatever. We had a 6 hour drive, plus I had to do the weekly chores when I got home. I LOVE ALL MY ATLANTA FRIENDS!!!!!! If it makes you feel any better, there were friends right there in Rome that we didn't get to see. But I love it that we are so loved :-)

Anonymous said...

I will be in ATL the first weekend in July for my cousins wedding from hell. if anyone wants to clobber me over the head so i dont have to go, i might be totally up for it.

on a different note- YAY for the beach this weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll clobber you if you will knock me out for the rest of the month of May :-)

Anonymous said...

you have less than a month, and will then have the entire summer off (with the exception of cheerleading camp)... you dont need to be clobbered. it will be fine, and be over faster than you can blink an eye :)

Anonymous said...

plus May might be the greatest month of the year