start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday Foto







Before last weekend I had this preconceived notion of wedding photography. I thought that this would be a good way for me to earn money, shoot and get my name out. Never did I actually think I would enjoy it or find that special art niche in it. I did. I consider myself a fine art photographer, and by saying that, I mean the kind of stuff you would see and buy in a gallery. Corporate photographers, photojournalists, portrait photographers (etc.) all have their place in the world, but myself, I like to be classified as a fine art photographer. I wanted to find my niche in the wedding world... not just producing ho-hum candids of so-in-so hugging the bride, but something a little bit more artsy if you will. Granted, this was my first wedding, but I feel confident enough to say that I know what kind of shots I would like to get from now on. Everybody needs their flare, you know?

These photos are just a few of the 1,028 and that I took last weekend. I have begun the processing, and am getting close to uploading the proofs on the web for the bride and groom to see. I thought I would give you all a little sneak peak. It's OK, the brides an avid reader of Island Profilin', I know she won't mind... but she better not be reading today, I dare say she has a lot more important things to be doing!

I, of course, photographed those important moments too, the ones that need to be taken however normal they may be. There is a place for those in every album. I am grateful to have shot this wedding. It has opened my eyes to a new style of shooting that I have to say I enjoyed. My art is growing into something that I enjoy more and more. I hope you all like it as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the the silhouette one in the middle. It is definitely not a 'normal' wedding picture, but there is the artistic flare that you do so well. I think it is fantastic!

Nicole said...

I definitely agree. When I shot my first wedding (haha, I make it sound like I'm such a pro, yeah right, I've only done one and a half) anyway...when I shot first, i found out how amazing and fun and artsy it can be. :) Quite fun! I like your shots.

Anonymous said...

Paige are you just trying to get me to propose?