start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday Foto




Good morning readers! Can I possibly explain in words how glad I am it's Friday? This week has been a long one. I've started staying at work until 5 p.m. (I know, what a tortured life) but, I still am in at 7:15 a.m.... so there. Tomorrow Kelly and I are going to Jacksonville to look for cars. She is extremely excited, as am I.

Today's foto comes to you straight from our backyard here on the ole' island. I had the urge to go shoot on Tuesday night and went out looking for a good subject. The lighthouse, as always, is great. So many people take so many shots of the lighthouse, after awhile they all begin to look alike. I like to think that I did a decent job of distincting (?) myself from others. I love the Big Dipper in the photo. I took a lot of orange light out of the picture that was cast from the streetlights behind me. Anyway, what do you think?

So, has anyone read about the teacher that blew his hand off? Long story short, a teacher had a big bullet on is desk he had been using as a paperweight for years (he also thought it wasn't live of course). The other day in class a bug was crossing his desk and he used the bullet to smash the bug, and it went off... blowing his hand off during class. The kids in the front seats had other things to complain about then spit from the teacher. Have a great weekend. I'll be at the beach.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be distinguishing and i LOVE that picture! I have the most talented hubby who buys me nice presents :-)

HORRAAY for new car!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ben, I absolutely LOVE that picture. How many times have i told you to make copies of some of these? i really want to get some- i will even buy them!

How long will yall be car shopping tomorrow?

Ben said...

Hopefully not TOO long. I've never been car shopping, but I can't imagine that it will be THAT fun... unless we buy one of course. Thanks on the comments, I love that photo too.

Nicole said...

yo. I think the big dipper is about to put the light in the lighthouse out. Like a big snuffer.

Wow about that teacher. That's gonna leave an impression.

Anonymous said...

what if you made the big dipper stand out a little more??? just a suggestion....it is pretty bright, but i missed it at first b/c the light from the lighthouse is so pretty and bright. new car looks good! i noticed it's a 2-door.....what about possible additions to the galland clan!?!?!