start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Nothing's new...

So nothing's new on this end. I'm having a good week, glad it is going to be short. I am working through lunch tomorrow so I can jet outta here at 4.

You may call me a dork, but I watch America Idol. My favorite is Taylor Hicks, the dude with the gray hair. Now, hear me out before you go pokin' fun... He's a mix between Van Morrison, Ray Charles and any other soul singer you can think of. I love this type of music and he's great at it. He also plays the harmonica (good too) and so do I, so I like him for that. I googled him last night and discovered that he already has two independantly released albums out there (1997 and 1999). I downloaded them and they are great, some original stuff, some covers... all good. I will burn you a copy at request.

Also, if you are in the mood for new music, check out the debut album by Sonya Kitchell, "Words Came Back To Me", released in April. It's awesome! She is a 17-year-old with an old soul. She sings with an incredible soulful voice. She will be big, and you heard about her here first.

Have a great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yall have fun this weekend!!!

i watch AI too, and i must say, Paris is my favorite... i love her voice- it is perfect for thos 50s style songs. ANyways, thats my pick :)

Anonymous said...

I'm all about Taylor- he is AWESOME!!!I also really like Katharine and Chris.

Anonymous said...

Chris is freaking H-O-T!!! i like Katherine a lot too!

Anonymous said...

american idol is gay as hell