start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Friday Foto



This photo was taken on my last trip to Crooked River. It is of a water run-off creek that I believe fills up pretty high at hightide. I love the glass-like quality of the dark water juxtaposed against the sporadicly grown trees (Yes, I actually did see that while taking this image). I really like the scattered leaves in the foreground as well. I originally intended for this image to be color, but I think black and white gives it more of the feel I felt while standing there. I named it Crooked Swamp.

I won't lie to you, I'm scrounging for Friday Fotos. I need some new material. I have been so busy the past couple of weeks with work and financial obligations (we just refinanced and got a equity loan for a car) that I haven't had much time to shoot at all. That is why I am so excited about next weekend. Kelly and I are taking Friday off and we are leaving Thursday night to go to Rome, GA for a wedding that Kelly is in and I am shooting. I am so excited for a number of reasons. One, I get to go back to my old college town, which is always fun. Two, I'm taking a day off. Three, I get to see old friends, and four, I get to shoot. I can't wait to shoot some new stuff. Wedding photos, new landscapes, new night shots... I hope to come back with a plethora of new stuff, all to share with you guys of course.

So tonight we are having our last oyster roast of the season. I'll be sad to see them go, but after April, oysters really won't be in season anymore. Tomorrow is Good Friday, which means, Kelly is off of work. I swear, is there a holiday that teachers don't get off? I know, I'm just jealous. Tonight we went out to dinner, in part, to celebrate Kelly getting asked back to teach at Glynn Academy. We pretty much new that she would, but it was nice to get that contract in hand. Congrats out to her. I spent the rest of the evening hardwiring the new radar detector I got Kelly into the Acura. That's the only way to have one. Hardwire that sucker so you don't have to deal with it hogging up your cigarette lighter and leaving wires all over the place. That's the only way I fly. Have a great weekend.

No comments: