start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Favorite thing about Christmas...

Let's get some activity on the blog today. What is your favorite thing about Christmas. It can be anything... food, family, presents, trees, flannel underwear, etc. I would have to say one of my favorite things (because you can't pick just one really) is coffee cake. I've always had coffee cake, or crumb cake as I call it, in the morning while opening presents. My dad always makes it. This year I get to make it for Kelly and I. I am excited. It's life's little pleasures you know? So, comment below on you favorite thing about Christmas.

Man, I am so excited about this weekend. I've been looking forward to it for a while now. Not only is it my anniversary, but it marks the official countdown to Christmas! Friends start coming back in town, you can almost feel Christmas morning approaching! So, I've decided to give you guys some special treats between now and Christmas. I have now idea what they will be. Maybe some photos, maybe some funny jokes, maybe some original poems, maybe a good story, I don't know... but I'm doing this as a thanks to you out there, all my loyal and devoted readers. You make my heart warm!

So, I've officially decided I am going to help out with the local Boy Scout troop here on St. Simons. I am an Eagle scout and graduated from this troop that I helped start back in HS. It's kind of said, because I have heard that it is not what it used to be. I guess I gave myself a nice year to settle down and now I am getting into the black hole of volunteer work. I tell something though, one of the main reasons I am doing this is for the camping! I mean sure, I care about furthering the minds of young kids, teaching them morals and all that jazz, but just between you and me.... it's the camping. OK, and the S'Mores.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

my favorite thing is getting to wear Christmas Sweaters with reindeer all over them. HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

you mean old man sweaters? ahaha

"you'll shoot your eye out!" ismy favorite thing about xmas. can't get any better than the little red rider bb gun!

Anonymous said...

I dont know that i have one thing about christmas that really stands out... the starting of a soiree tradition may be it :). haha. i guess it would be that no matter what everyone is doing and how busy everyone is, all 16 people (which isnt a lot, i know) on my dads side get together before christmas and open our presents to each other and eat, drink and be merry... it is my family :)

Anonymous said...

Best Thing About Christmas: You don't have to go anywhere, so don't worry about bathing!

Plus i get to tackle my dawg all day.

Best things about Christmas Eve? Hawaii Bowl, Midnight Mass Drunk

Anonymous said...

I love everything about Christmas, the music, the decorations, the movies, but my favorite probably has to be with Ange- midnight mass. I absolutely LOVE midnight mass. There is something so magical about being at church in the middle of the night with the incense and the candle light and the music--it's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I was very scared of the incense when i went with you, kel. it did not smell good. hehe.

Anonymous said...

Goat,you have no imagination or spirit. I'm surprised that you can be child-like enough to enjoy harry potter. it's not necessarily supposed to smell good- it's symbolic AND it makes for good atmosphere. but yes, it can be a little intense.

Anonymous said...

My favorite part about christmas is sitting alone in the dark and drinking until the pain goes away.

Just kidding, merry christmas Ben.

your cuz steve.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha.....me too steve! hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

we've got a few traditions. as we've gotten older we've incorporated spirits, so some of the members of the family tend to trail off earlier than usual. I like games of trivial pursuit and watching our usual christmas eve movies. i like nog and baileys. and christmas trees, and lots of lights. if you've driven by my house, you know this.

anyone seen that scene at the beginning of lethal weapon where mel gibsons all depressed and its christmas and he's boozing it up...that's a pretty good memory...also die hard! man, GREAT christmas movie.

"you'll shoot your eye out" is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

FUDGE YOU TURNER! YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT IS AWESOME!

TBS wouldn't play it for 24 hours if it was terrible!

Anonymous said...

I don't think it is fair to characterize enjoying Harry Potter as childish. I've never read the series, but some of my most mature, intellectual friends enjoy the fictional escape of Harry Potter.

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean childish- I meant capable of having an imagination- which I was comparing with being child-like. Just for clarification, I agree with you whole-heartedly. I mean, I am the epitome of mature and, as everyone knows, I adore HP. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ouch kelly! i do not think that one has to have an imagination to enjoy incense. I actually dont understand why you would need an imagination to enjoy it. are you saying that one has to have an imagination to enjoy the symbolism of church? cause that doesnt sound very faith'esq' to me.... i love you! i personally feel that i have a great imagination, thank you very much! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to get into a blog battle. I'm just giving you a hard time Goat. You know I love your black heart :-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the finals today babe! love, the goat with the bright red beating heart :) i listened to christmas carols last night.... carpenters xmas album and a john denver xmas. you should be proud :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the finals today babe! love, the goat with the bright red beating heart :) i listened to christmas carols last night.... carpenters xmas album and a john denver xmas. you should be proud :)