start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Perfection

As this weekend comes to a close I think about all that I did. Despite the rain, Kelly being sick, me beginning to catch whatever she had, I found perfection. We stayed a couple of nights at the Village Inn and Pub, a little hotel on St. Simons that doubles as a great place to get a drink. It's a gorgeous little place, very quaint and neat. I highly recommend it to anybody looking for a nice place to stay or drink. While Kelly shopped all day on Saturday, I spent the day installing new countertops in my house with my dad. Kelly was so surprised and loved them. She liked the pearls I gave her too. We had a great dinner at Georgia Sea Grill, although Kelly's cold was really getting to her. The rest of that evening was mostly spent with her sacked out and me playing with the iPod she got me for our anniversary.

Perfection is a funny thing though. This afternoon I was thinking about it. What makes something perfect? I used to think it was something without flaw, without imperfection. I disagree. I think perfection is a state of mind. This weekend it rained non-stop, Kelly was miserably sick for most of the time, and now I'm catching it... however, I classify this weekend as perfect. Perfection is achieved by learning how to deal with the imperfections that life brings us. It has taken me a long time to realize this, and I can't guarantee that I'll always remember. You see, rain happens. Plan and simple. So many people don't seem to realize that it will end, it always does. If we can stop worrying about how wet we'll get when it rains, and while it rains, we just might be able to enjoy it for awhile. Yeah, rain sucks... but don't you always take something from it?

Well, now that I have rambled on enough, I think I will go to bed. Not, however, before I mention that today is my one year wedding anniversary. I'll spare you all with the "I can't believe it's been a year" speech, and just say this. I have learned more about myself and my wife in the past year, then I did in the 4 years we dated. Has it been fun? Yeah. Has it been stressful? Yeah. Has it been all worth it? Yeah. I consider myself lucky to have enjoyed the rain and the sunshine thus far with Kelly by my side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww... you are so sweet. Congrats on a year! I am happy for you. hehe.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Hope you are both feeling better soon!