start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

It's all over

My wife went through withdrawal last night when she finally realized that Christmas was officially over. I tried to console her, informing her that It was perfectly OK with me if she wanted to buy me more presents so we could celebrate all over again this morning. But really, it is over. Is it sad? Yes, but really, this was probably my favorite Christmas (besides the year I got the rock tumbling kit... man, that thing was awesome). We had a very successful soiree. I recall it lasting for roughly 5.5 hours. That's pretty amazing, keeping everybody in the same little house for that long. We sustained injuries, except for a slap to the face of a goat. The house is still in one piece, except for a 'small' hole in the back deck. All in all, I conclude it was a success.

Sunday was perfect. Midnight mass was beautiful. Christmas morning was complete bliss. Nice and quiet, simplicity at it's best. I made out with some nice gifts. Even my puppy got a nice new collar.

Kelly and her dad are spending this week tiling our kitchen floor. Oh, how I wish I could help. He has to leave on Thursday, so they are going to get as much done as possible. If you have ever tiled, you know that tiling is the easy part. It's laying the grout that is a pain. That, will more than likely, fall under my job. It's all good though.

So what was your favorite Christmas memory/present this year? You have to answer both, so lets go! My favorite memory was initiating Christmas traditons with my wife that will now last a life time. My favorite gift was a pipe carving kit. Your turn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, i wont lie- the hole was not really all that 'small'... haha, kidding, just giving you a hard time. I must admit, this year it never really seemed like christmas, maybe it was cause my brother wasnt here or maybe because with each passing year, every december 25th feels less and less like christmas and more and more like any other day, only i dont have to go to work and i went to church the evening before.... hehe.
My most memorable christmas? thats a hard one, though, i would have to say it was when i was in 2nd grade. That christmas i got a horse carousel- i used to collect horses. Anyways, i searched high and low for one of those damned things, never found one. Lo, there is was, in my pile from santa claus. I had been questioning my belief in santa claus- that present never made me question my belief in him again (until the next year when i asked my mom..... )

Anonymous said...

"OUCH!!! MY EYE".... "Oh, dont you pull that on me".... SLAP
HAHA, i am messin with ya, i love you angie- no harm no foul. Though yes, the beak that morning appeared to be far worse than the beak the morning after the first soiree..... I am glad you have learned not to slap your goat :) Hopefully John has learned not to hip-check robbie.....