start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Insomnia attack

So the past couple of nights I haven't been able to sleep. Oh yes, I have been tired, but no sleep has come. So, I stay up watching the TV, reading, or surfin' the net. Tonight, I decided to share it with y'all. So, what's happening? I'm ready for the holidays. I can't wait for Christmas. However, before that I get to celebrate my one year anniversary. I'm really stoked about that. I have a lot planned for the weekend, and will fill all you in after the weekend. It's weird, it feels like ages since I left my last job with The Darien News. When you are unhappy, time seems to last forever. When I think about my wedding though, it seems like yesterday.

So, what's everybody getting for Christmas? How about giving? Anything you are getting someone that you are really excited about? This Friday I'm going to see The Chronicles of Narnia movie. If you haven't ever read any C.S. Lewis, you really should. He has an unbelievable way of describing the complexities of religion via the written word. My personal favorite is The Screwtape Letters. It is a very interesting take on religion. The book is a collection of letters written to and from Satan and another devil named Screwtape. Screwtape is assigned to a human on earth, much like guardian angels, but trys to make them sin. He writes to Satan about how he is doing, and Satan writes back with advice, pointers and precautions. It's marvelously written and really opens ones eyes to how Satan acts.

Good night.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are we not doing something for Sara's b-day Fri. night? I thought the movie was moved to Sat. I must be out of the loop.

Anonymous said...

yeah, you're out of the loop- i have to go to the GA Christmas party sat. night

Anonymous said...

what about sat. day. Are you just trying to get out of hanging out?

Anonymous said...

i don't like to see movies during the day. we're doing dinner and movie fri night

Anonymous said...

I guess as long as it works for you. HAHA. Kidding.

Anonymous said...

well, as the famous moron often says, "It's all about ME."

Anonymous said...

now I'm a moron. Last week I was a retard. It's wonderful to know what you think of me.

Anonymous said...

heheheeee nothin but luv 4 ya :-)

Anonymous said...

see robbie? i can not even be involved in a convo and you still get insulted. :)

Anonymous said...

You have to go to a ga christmas party sat night? i thought we were going out to celebrate me that night too.... so really robbie isnt the only one out of the loop. haha. robbie, if kelly cant so anything sat, we can still go out, since you wont be in town next weekend.

Anonymous said...

ben, how bout tryin a few cocktails one night before bed. It seems to have some kind of "magic" effect. if the hot teacher doesn't approve, just take a couple swigs of niquil! Works every time!

Anonymous said...

p.s.

"A Christmas Story" is gawd awful! It has nothing to do with Christmas. I mean, the kid dresses up as a bunny for cryin out lout. Worst Christmas movie ever!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh John! We actually agree on something!!! I HATE/LOATHE/DESPISE that movie!!!! My dad loves it and watches all 24 hours. BAARAFFFFF

Anonymous said...

I'm glad kell. The only good part about that movie is when the bully beats the crap out of that kid. hahahahaha....that's pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

the bully gets the crap beat out of him... and the bunny costume represents every terrible gift you've ever gotten on Christmas.

Anonymous said...

bum, you're the only cigarette that would analyze "A Christmas Story". I bet you play with a football bat all the time.

Anonymous said...

the bully eventually does, but the funny part is when he's messing with those kids, and how terrified the are. man, bum's always backing up cowards. wait a minute, in a fight, the only back you see of bum's is his streaking down the street squealing in terror.