start. people. places. things. me. | island profilin'

An illustration of my life, loves and various random information
that you may or may not find the least bit useful...
all from the island of St. Simons.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Friday Foto


I reached back into the archives for this Friday Foto. I was thinking about it all week, something from this era in my life. My buddy just back from Argentina and he had me thinking about the time I lived in Florence, Italy. This picture was taken while on a trip to Cinque Terre. I actually know the girl in the photo. She was traveling with us and had been sunbathing on the rocks . It was bright outside and that led to great backlighting as seen in this photo. I took this with 35mm black and white film. I later scanned it into my computer. This photo was taken in 2002, around March perhaps.

I hope you all have a great weekend. It's supposed to be gorgeous down here, hope everybody can get outside for some play time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool picture.

Let's see how long it takes to make fun of me for that.

Anonymous said...

I like the pic too. i am s huge fan of black and whites, i think there is an entirely new dimension brought out that cant be seen with color... i dunno. maybe just cause i think its more dramatic. robbie, i vow to never make fun of you again... well, not never, but not now.

Anonymous said...

i really really like that picture! the water looks amazing.

Ben said...

Bum, it's Monterosso... just past Corniglia. Very made it to that beach, but I can imagine it was pretty belle.

Anonymous said...

My name is bum and daddy sends me all over the world... Let me name some random spots that I've been to: Meknes, Heraklion, Fethiye... Fethiye was really hard to find but my private-school friends have planes and yatchs and Rovers and slaves so it was pretty neat if you know what I mean... hahaha... Sorry bum, cheap shot, but roberto is just too easy to make fun of if you know what I mean...

Anonymous said...

man, that was cold- and they didn't even have enough guts to put their name.

Anonymous said...

was that not you. I thought it was either you or Turner. HAHA.

Anonymous said...

I think "Anonymous" is very hot and all because he or she can't figure out how to "Choose an identity" does not equate a lack courage... intelligence maybe, tech-savviness possibly, but not guts...